Bio Science Park
The Leiden Bio Science Park is the largest life sciences cluster in the Netherlands. Here, you will find more than a hundred life science organisations and biomedical companies. The Park offers an environment in which both science and business can flourish. Are you interested in drug development? Do you want to combine your passion for biomedical sciences with business? Or do you have the ambition to start your own business? Then the Leiden Bio Science Park might be your future workspace!
Leiden Bio Science Park is a stimulating place to be. It houses companies of all sorts and sizes: from start-up to multinational, from drug development to service providers and from medtech companies to business services. Many renowned research groups call The Park their home, for example LACDR, LUMC and CHDR. A great advantage is that the Bio Science Park offers research groups and companies the chance to share each other’s facilities. Furthermore, employees are offered biopharmaceutical education programmes and professional training programmes. Moreover, many networking possibilities present themselves.
Leiden Bio Science Park has the tools to help starters with a great science-based business idea. Also, there is a wide variety of jobs and internships at different companies and organisations on the Leiden Bio Science Park.
On the morning of Thursday the 17th of March, a tour of the Bio Science Park will take place as part of the scientific programme of LIMSC. During this tour, you can visit a company of your choice. The participating companies will be announced in the upcoming months. Please note that you have to sign up for this tour during registration.
Facts and figures
- 214 organisations
- 153 life science & health organisations
- 103 biomedical companies
- Companies of 14 nationalities
- 19,000 employees
- Largest number of bioscience start-ups in the Netherlands
Academic and industrial life sciences research has already resulted in a number of new technologies and products, for example
- Ruconest™, a drug against hereditary angioedema
- The discovery of Factor V Leiden, in the LUMC
- Remicade® by Janssen Biologics for the treatment of auto-immune diseases (Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Bekhterev's disease, psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis and psoriasis) is being used by over 1 million patients in 91 countries.
- Filgotinib Galapagos’ lead compound against rheumatoid arthritis showed excellent data in the phase IIB clinical trials. Consequently Galapagos stocks soared in June 2015.
- And many more…
Is your discovery next?