LUMC work/internships opportunities
The LUMC consists of three interconnected buildings on the hospital/medical campus: the hospital, the research center and the education center. The LUMC is one of the eight academic medical centers in the Netherlands. The core tasks of the LUMC are:
- Patient care: routine care, high-level clinical care, and in particular, high-level reference care.
- Research: both fundamental and healthcare-oriented research.
- Education for the faculties of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
- Specialist medical training.
- Additional training, both post-doctoral and post-vocational.
The LUMC, employing approximately 8000 people, comprises the Leiden University Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine of Leiden University. The LUMC is primarily a knowledge institution. Patient care takes place in conjunction with research and education. This means that emphasis is on specialized care.
LUMC, Center of Medical Innovation
The LUMC is a modern university medical center for research, education and patient care with a high quality profile and a strong scientific orientation. Its unique research practice, ranging from pure fundamental medical research to applied clinical research, places the LUMC among the world top. This enables the LUMC to offer patient care and education that is in line with the latest international insights and standards – and helps it to improve medicine and healthcare both internally and externally.