The criteria for the presentations are:
- Your presentation cannot exceed 8 minutes. You will be timed by one of our crew members and stopped if necessary. Please note that any presentation longer than 8 minutes will be marked negatively.
- After your presentation, there will be 2 minutes for questions and discussions from the jury. This will be part of your assessment too. Please be aware that 2 minutes is a time limit as well. If you are a co-author: make sure you know enough of your author’s subject to be able to answer all questions adequately.
- We ask you to bring along a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of your abstract on a USB drive. Please make sure to put a name tag on your USB stick so we know to whom it belongs. Please make sure that this drive contains no other documents and is compatible with Windows computers. You have to hand in the USB at the registration desk so we can make the sessions go as smooth as possible. Your USB will be returned to you at the end of your session.
- We ask you to hand in the USB for the ORAL presentation as soon as possible. We would advise you to register and hand the USB in a day beforehand. This will make you more prepared and less worried for your presentation.
- Please note that there is no possibility to edit your presentation once you have handed it in. We ask you to finalize it entirely before your arrival in Leiden. If you are joining the Successful Presentation Techniques workshop on Wednesday, you can edit the last things before you hand in your presentation on Thursday.
- In the closing ceremony, a final oral session will be scheduled in the late afternoon on Saturday March 16th. The top three ORAL participants will be invited to present their work in front of the LIMSC audience! The winner will be chosen afterwards.
- Your presentation cannot exceed 3 minutes.
- You will have 1 minute for questions and discussions.
- Please make sure to bring your poster in an A0 format (1189 x 841 mm) or smaller, printed vertically. There is no possibility to print your poster at the conference. Please make sure to put a name tag on your poster holder so we know to whom it belongs.
- Please ensure that your poster is packed correctly to prevent any damage during your travels. We cannot be held accountable for any damage done during the conference.
- Hand in your posters on time. We advise you to do this a day before your presentation to prevent being too late.
- All posters will be labeled corresponding to the poster session.