Terms and conditions
The Leiden International (Bio)Medical Students Conference is a biennial conference hosted at the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) in Leiden, the Netherlands. Students from all over the world will have a chance to present their own abstract, attend workshops and social events and interact with fellow researchers.
Participation can be either active (by presenting your own work) or passive (without presenting anything). Different fees apply. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- The fees of the conference are outlined on the page 'Fees & Payment'. No enquiries can be made about price reduction
- Payment of the conference fee is available via the registration module. The possible methods of payment are PayPal, creditcard and iDEAL.
- Payment at the desk is not possible unless confirmed by the LIMSC treasurer.
- You will receive a confirmation of payment. Invoices will be sent out at your request.
- Refunds of the conference fee payment is only possible before refunds deadlines. You can find the deadlines on the page 'Fees & Payment'.
- LIMSC cannot be held accountable for refunds in case of force majeure such as - but not limited to - war, riots, fire, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, explosion, strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies.
- Your participation will be cancelled if payments are not received on time. Please contact us if you foresee troubles with meeting the deadline.
- We reserve the right to change the conference fees at any time.
- By submitting your abstract you certify that the attached document is your original work. No other person's work has been used without due acknowledgement in the text of this document.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by our Scientific Committee. No enquiries can be made about the result.
- Selected abstracts are only to be presented by the author himself/herself or his/her co-authors. Please let us know in due time about these details.
- Abstracts submitted by email after the abstract deadline will not be reviewed for submission.
- All social events and workshops have a limited capacity. Please ensure you subscribe in time to prevent any inconveniences.
- It is strictly prohibited to take any photographs at the conference location (Leiden University Medical Center). This is a hospital institution and we ask you to respect this with regards to patient safety and privacy.
- You could be filmed or photographed during the conference for promotional usage such as the aftermovie or photo albums.
- All presentations will be judged by our Jury. No enquiries can be made towards the results.
- The LIMSC OC cannot be held accountable for any damage or loss of properties that you might encounter. Please make sure you have all your belongings with you at all times.
- If you are under the age of 18, you will not be permitted to consume any alcoholic beverages during the conference.
- Any damage made to (properties of) the Leiden University Medical Center or social program venues can be recovered by you.
- In case of misbehaviour or not following these terms and conditions, the LIMSC OC reserves the right to exclude you from further participation without refund.