Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
The Leiden International (Bio)Medical Student Conference is a biennial conference hosted at the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) in Leiden, the Netherlands. Students from all over the world will have a chance to present their own research, attend workshops and social events and interact with fellow researchers.
Participation can be either active (by presenting your own work) or passive (without presenting anything). Different fees apply. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. By participating in the conference, you agree with these terms and conditions.
- All social events and workshops have a limited capacity. Please ensure you subscribe in time to prevent any inconveniences.
- It is prohibited to take any photographs yourself at the conference location (Leiden University Medical Center). This is a hospital institution and we ask you to respect this with regards to patient safety and privacy.
- You could be filmed or photographed during the conference for promotional usage such as social media, the aftermovie or photo albums. It is always possible to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a specific photograph to be taken down. Unfortunately, no changes can be made to the footage used for the aftermovie.
- All presentations will be judged by our Jury. No enquiries can be made towards the results.
- The LIMSC Organising Committee cannot be held accountable for any damage or loss of properties that you might encounter. Please make sure you have all your belongings with you at all times.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are prohibited to consume any alcoholic beverages during the conference.
- During all conference related activities, the usage of any kind of soft or hard drugs is strictly prohibited.
- You can be held accountable financially for any damage made by you to (properties of) the Leiden University Medical Center or social programme venues.
- In case of misbehaviour or not following these terms and conditions, the LIMSC Organising Committee reserves the right to exclude you from further participation without refund.
- In addition to these terms and conditions, the LUMC rules of conduct apply to all activities within the LUMC.
- The fees of the conference are outlined on the page 'Fees & Payment'. No enquiries can be made about price reduction.
- Payment of the conference fee is possible during registration. The possible methods of payment are PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and iDEAL. Your registration is not finalised, until your payment is received. Confirmation of your payment will be sent to you by email.
- Payment at the conference is not possible unless approved by the LIMSC Treasurer prior to visiting LIMSC. Refunds of the conference fee payment is only possible before refund deadlines. You can find the deadlines on the page 'Fees & Payment'.
- LIMSC cannot be held accountable for refunds in case of force majeure such as - but not limited to - war, riots, fire, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, explosion, strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies or virus outbreaks.
- LIMSC reserves the right to change the conference fees at any time.
- By submitting your abstract you declare that the attached document is your original work. No other person's work has been used without due acknowledgement in the text of this document.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of LIMSC. No enquiries can be made about the result.
- Selected abstracts are only to be presented by the author himself/herself and/or his/her co-authors. Please let us know in due time about these details.
- Abstracts submitted after the abstract deadline will not be reviewed for submission.
- All abstracts of active participants will be published in the LIMSC 2022 Book of Abstracts, unless requested otherwise. If you do not want your abstract to be published, please send us an email before the 24th of January 2022.